CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

My blog has moved! Click here:

My blog has moved!  Click here:
Visit My New Blog!

I love to think of nature
as an unlimited broadcasting station,
through which God speaks to us every hour,
if we will only tune in.

~George Washington Carver

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Stylish Birthday




 





I've had a lucky week as far as card making goes.  First, a Top Five at Get Sketchy last week and then I won the challenge over at SPCC!  I knew I stayed up all night for a reason!  haha  I wish my all nighter had been that enjoyable.  As it turned out, my laptop died and I was desparately trying to revive it.  So I'm still sharing our old desktop that is driving me crazy.  I must apologize for the picture links on my last few posts not working.  It is a glitch in the computer and Firefox and Explorer don't work well on it.  And then, Blogger doesn't operate well in Opera!  I just hate it when things don't work like they should.  Hopefully, if I can get my laptop restored this weekend, I'll have my 'computing' groove back.

Now, on to my card.  This card is for this week's Get Sketchy Challenge #25 and the Color Chef Challenge #39.  I loved the color combo of cream, kraft and black.  It makes anything look so elegant!  I must confess I had a little trouble with this card.  I really thought it was going to be quick and snappy, but it turned out to be a tad surgical!  The decorative designs are rub-ons.  I've used rub-ons before.  I used to love them as a child.  I was being very meticulous and careful and still a tiny part somehow turned missing.  So, I got my trusty black pen out and performed some card surgery.  It's also good that the rub ons came with all that bling, I could use one as a bandaid.  I tried to keep the rest of the card clean and sleek after all that bling was applied.

Stamps: Celebrate sentiment.
Paper:  Kraft, Cream and Black cardstock
Ink:  Staz On Black
Extras:  Black ribbon and clear gem stickies.  

Hope your night is filled with Bling!


Blogger Templates

Blogger Templates

2 comments:

Lisa Salkeld

Wow, that's pretty. Very nice....
Congrats on the spotlight cards!!!
-Lisa

Unknown

Wow- this is just beautiful! It is so simply done, I never would have guessed you had to conduct surgery!! that is super cute! Thanks so much for playing along in the Color Chef Challenge!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails