CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

My blog has moved! Click here:

My blog has moved!  Click here:
Visit My New Blog!

I love to think of nature
as an unlimited broadcasting station,
through which God speaks to us every hour,
if we will only tune in.

~George Washington Carver

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Here's The Scoop -Happy Birthday!

 


  



Well, I have to say, I have been busy this week churning out the cards. The next couple months are chocked full of family birthdays not to mention the holidays coming up.  I also volunteered to make two packs of greeting cards and several matted photos for a church auction to raise money for our youths' summer trips. 

I have two posts for today, two cards, four challenges.  This first one is another birthday card and as you can tell by the looks of it, it's not for my son.  It's for my teen niece whose birthday is in April.  I saw the color/birthday challenge over at Embellish Magazine and thought of her immediately.   I also have been stocking up on the sketches from My Sketch World Sketchathon and this is Sketch 8.  I had an icecream cone stamp that I was originally going to use, but it wound up being inspiration for these paper pieced ones instead.  I think they add more punch to the card than the stamp would have.  I do have a suggestion to put out there in the cardmaking/scrapbooking/papercrafting world......Someone make a TRIANGLE punch!  Why are there no triangle punches?  I used an old scrapbook stencil of a pennant to cut out the cones.  I guess I could have also used my star die cuts from Sizzix too.  Yet, I think we all need a triangle punch.

It may be back to winter temps today here in the Triangle, but I'm in the mood for icecream, either chocolate raspberry or Moosetracks!



Blogger Templates

Blogger Templates

3 comments:

Maureen

what a fun card!! great use of the colours...so bold and yummy!! LOL

Valentina Fussell

How cute! I love what you did with the ice cream cones- they are adorable!

Mariana Grigsby

Great fun card! Thanks for playing along with us!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails