CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

My blog has moved! Click here:

My blog has moved!  Click here:
Visit My New Blog!

I love to think of nature
as an unlimited broadcasting station,
through which God speaks to us every hour,
if we will only tune in.

~George Washington Carver

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Celebrate 18



  

  

A very special card today.  My first born turns 18 on Friday!  Much to my dismay, he is no longer a little boy and even more to my dismay, all he wants for his birthday is a tattoo!  Thankfully, nothing big or horrifying, just a small soccer ball.  And, at least he agreed to have his dad go with him and to a very reputable place that looks more like a spa than a tattoo parlor and is owned by a female RN .  He did agreed to those terms,(mostly because we are paying for half of it), but truly he is a very good son and he deserves a very special card.

With that in mind, Kaboodle was sponsoring a challenge this week to use spots and stripes, which I thought would make a nice teen boy card.  Yet, again there are very few masculine stamps, digital or otherwise, out there for an 18 yr old boy. I did stumble upon one place that had  almost a dozen digital stamps for young men, Bird's Cards.  Her drawings are fairly simple and I've used two of them now.  I did however, on this one, add a clipart soccer ball where she had drawn a plain ball.  I also liked the CPS sketch and had planned on making this card before the deadline yesterday, but I spent the day at the soccer park instead. Yet, I decided to go ahead and still use the sketch since I had my idea all planned around it, so a shout out to CPS for Sketch #154.


Stamps:  Football player, Bird's Cards. Candle and balloon stamp.
Paper:  DP- Champ (polka dot), Lil' Man (striped) from American Crafts.  Buckskin Brown suede - The Paper Co., Peacock Blue textured DP. White and brown cardstock.
Ink:  StazOn Timber Brown
Extras:  Silver brads.

  Happy Sunday! 
Blogger Templates

Blogger Templates

1 comments:

Lisa Salkeld

I like how the 'celebrate' looks a bit like leather. Very cool! You're so good with the digi-stamps. I'm not there yet :o/

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails