CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

My blog has moved! Click here:

My blog has moved!  Click here:
Visit My New Blog!

I love to think of nature
as an unlimited broadcasting station,
through which God speaks to us every hour,
if we will only tune in.

~George Washington Carver

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Bee Pink




 


Doodle Inspiration 

 


  



  




  A pink bee for Valentine's Day!  Not to brag, okay, maybe to brag a little......this has to be one of my favorite cards I've made so far.  I love the color combination.  Does that make me a true girlie girl or is it that since I live in a house of testosterone I never get to see much pink!  Either way, pink is fave.

As I mentioned in one of my posts from yesterday, I have been sketching and doodling some lately, which included drawing out some of my own card layouts and images for cards.  The 'doodle inspiration' here is one of my own and my inspiration for the card. I actually didn't stay true to my own sketch in that I did not add as many swirls and hearts mainly because there wasn't enough room and once I put it on paper it had a mind of it's own.  I knew I wanted to make the bee pink and black so the PPA color challenge this week was perfect.  And, then when I saw the sketch at CPS everything just came together.  That doesn't seem to happen often for me with my cards.  Usually I start creating one and then I get bogged down with alternative visions dancing around in my head.  One reason I dusted off my sketch book, to get them on paper at least for future use. I do believe I am going to have to use my bee again sometime soon!

Stamps:  Absolutely none whatsoever this time!
Paper:  Light and dark pink cardstock and DP from stash.
Ink:  Again, absolutely none.
Extras:  Heart doily, pink bubble gems, black patterned ribbon, black transparent ribbon, Wingo Zingo alpha, heart dies and swirl die from Sizzix.  The 'swirl' die is the tail from the Sizzix Bigz lovebird die.


Bee Happy! ♥♥♥

Blogger Templates

Blogger Templates

3 comments:

Patty

Very nice card! I love how the colors look together. Everything is better with black! That heart is adorable!

Lisa Salkeld

This card is so full of love! I shared it @twinklestamper! I'm looking forward to seeing more 'doodle-inspiration!"

Linda Callahan

You should brag - this is so adorable - love the bee eyes and all of the details! Thanks for playing @PPA!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails