CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

My blog has moved! Click here:

My blog has moved!  Click here:
Visit My New Blog!

I love to think of nature
as an unlimited broadcasting station,
through which God speaks to us every hour,
if we will only tune in.

~George Washington Carver

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Birthday Bouquet-Easel Card

 

Photo Inspiration







  

 

  
This has to be my favorite card I have made!  I had so much fun putting it together and the easel card wound up being easier than I thought.  A special card for a very special birthday this year for my sis-in-law (brother's wife). The photo inspiration is the bouquet that I carried in their wedding almost 16 years ago.  It has made a beautiful flower arrangement in my guest room since then.  Trying a new technique is sometimes out of my comfort zone, but when my other sis-in-law, Twinklestamper, posted a tutorial on her blog for easel cards, I decided to try one.  I hope this becomes more than just a card and that my sis-in-law may enjoy keeping it up in her office.  ColorThrowdown #81 challenge this week had the perfect colors that matched the silk flowers and beaded leaves that I had found at a local fabric store in the wedding supplies aisle.  

Stamps:  Birthday sentiment.
Paper:  Olive and brown cardstock; DP- Ivory Floral by The Gift Line and Paper Adventures;  Pink DP -Anna Griffin, Inc.
Ink:  Coffee Bean
Extras:  Silk flowers, beaded leaves, doilie, pink ribbon, pink flower button, heart corner punch, scallop border punch, pink and olive gem stickies.

Good evening!


Blogger Templates

Blogger Templates

5 comments:

Kristin Eberline

THUD! OMG, this is STUNNING! LOVE that bouquet and all of your elegant details! FAB job with the CTD challenge! Thanks for playing!!

Teresa Kline

wow, this is gorgeous!

enjoy *~*

Michele Gross

That is...jawdroppingly gorgeous!!! W.O.W.!!!

Lisa Kind

Wow, wow, wow!!! This is absolutely fabulous! I don't think I've ever seen something as lovely as this card! So pretty!

Jan Hennings

Your easel bouquet card is absolutely stunning :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails