CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

My blog has moved! Click here:

My blog has moved!  Click here:
Visit My New Blog!

I love to think of nature
as an unlimited broadcasting station,
through which God speaks to us every hour,
if we will only tune in.

~George Washington Carver

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Love's Sweet Song








Would you call this retro shabby chic or retro vintage shabby?  Either way, I was going for a type of retro yet vintage feel.  When I began this card I had no idea what I wanted to do other than I wanted to use my new stamps and finally use my Tim Holtz birdcage die.  I believe this was one of the longest making cards I've had.  Probably had my creative flow been flowing it wouldn't have taken so long.  Oh well, it's done now and I am very happy with the results.

I began with  rolling yellow ink on white cardstock.  Then using a sponge I lightly brushed turquoise ink on top and inked the sides in the turquoise.  I stamped the background images in dark orange.  The bird cage is cut out of transparent vellum with white netting applied to the back.  I cut the bird out of turquoise patterned fabric.  The sentiment tag is inked in the yellow and dark orange and stamped with turquoise.

SPIES:
STAMPS:  'Nest' and scrolling floral stamps from Red Land Paperworks.  Keys from TPC Studio Classic set.  Sentiment from Hampton Art.
PAPER:  White cardstock, transparent vellum and fabric.
INK: yellow, dark orange, turquoise from Hampton Art.
EXTRAS:  white decorative buttons, turquoise brads, pearl gem,  turquoise ribbon, white netting, metal chain.

I'm having issues again with my light box which is why one pic looks a little dark.  My light also broke and the replacement is not as big or flexible.  I may have to find other alternatives for a while.  Such is life.

Blessings!

Blogger Templates
Blogger Templates

1 comments:

Kim Wilson

What a fabulous card!!! I love birdies and bird cages, they are so pretty and fun! Hope you can stick around for the next challenges, I have some fabulous sponsors! Thank you for playing and good luck!!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails