CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

My blog has moved! Click here:

My blog has moved!  Click here:
Visit My New Blog!

I love to think of nature
as an unlimited broadcasting station,
through which God speaks to us every hour,
if we will only tune in.

~George Washington Carver

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Get Sketchy #10 -- Pumpkin Birthday





I cannot believe it's been 10 days since my last post. But, then again, life happens --- end of a soccer season; a husband ending 12 years of coaching rec soccer; a son on crutches with an injured knee with therapy and tests looming in the near future, possibly surgery; unfinished kitchen cabinets in the living room, etc. Several card challenges I intended to do came and went. And in the mean time, my list of cards to make keeps growing. So today, I finally took some time out to recharge myself by making a card for the Get Sketchy Challenge #10.

I'd never made a gate-fold card before and after seeing some of the designer's examples, I decided to give it a try. Let me just say, it must have been the 10-11 days and plethora of things occupying my mind, my creative flow vanished for a bit. It took me forever, it seems, to finish this. Yet, I did have a lot of fun making it and will try a gate-fold again.

I have had the idea for a pumpkin cupcake birthday card for a while now and this challenge gave me the perfect opportunity to make it. I share my October birthday with one of my best friends from high school and her twin sister. One of them got this 'birthday mate' card and the other got a different card I have posted.



With the bonus on this challenge being handwritten sentiments and doodling, I took it a bit farther and hand drew the pumpkin cupcake elements, including the face and cupcake liner lines. The only thing not hand drawn was the candle, a Sizzix Sizzlit.

I hand wrote the Happy Birthday sentiment and squiggles inbetween as well as the stitching along the outside of the card just to keep with the stitched theme of the printed paper. I also hand wrote the sentiment inside: 'Birthday Mate, Let's Celebrate'. I'm afraid I am a little rusty at hand doodling, which is a bit embarrassing when my roots of creativity come from drawing and painting. I laced the ribbon behind the cupcake circle die cut and through the inside of the card. Inside, I placed the deep orange cardstock and then glued some deep green cardstock on top of the ribbon.



Supplies:

Cardstock: Chocolate brown, deep orange, deep green.
Printed Paper: Jacks & Lanterns by Stemma of Masterpiece Studios. Striped: Unkown.
Ink Pen: Marvy Memory Series Le Plume, Black.
Embellishments: Lace and orange ribbon glued together.

1 comments:

~amy~

such a fun card...love the pumpkin cupcake!!!

Thanks for playing with us over at Get Sketchy!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails