CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

My blog has moved! Click here:

My blog has moved!  Click here:
Visit My New Blog!

I love to think of nature
as an unlimited broadcasting station,
through which God speaks to us every hour,
if we will only tune in.

~George Washington Carver

Thursday, June 17, 2010

A Guiding Light


 Get Sketchy Challenge #42


All of the celebrations are over, school is over and this week we have been on a 'Staycation'.  Watching LOTS of World Cup Soccer (Go USA!); lounging around and for me, spending some uninterrupted time crafting and creating.  So, I have lots of things to post in the next couple days.

The first one, a Father's Day card for Get Sketchy Challenge  #42.  No surprise I'm sure.  There will be more of them later too!  I was playing around with my new compass rose stamp and decided to make my own die with it and distress it.  So, I stamped it in Tim Holtz Vintage Photo distress ink.  Then, I dabbed some lime green ink, blended the inks together, crumpled up the paper for a more worn look and inked the edges.  I was really pleased with the result.  I also inked the edges of the lighthouse die.


SPIES:
Stamps:  Lighthouse - Inkadinkadoo; Compass Rose - Rubber Soul.
Paper:  Brown cardstock; brown & green DP - DCWV Old World.
Ink:  Tim Holtz Distress Ink Vintage Photo; Lime green - Hampton Arts
Extras:  Metal alpha buttons; cream burlap; lace ribbon.

More to come.....

Blogger Templates
Blogger Templates

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails