CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

My blog has moved! Click here:

My blog has moved!  Click here:
Visit My New Blog!

I love to think of nature
as an unlimited broadcasting station,
through which God speaks to us every hour,
if we will only tune in.

~George Washington Carver

Saturday, April 24, 2010

CONGRATS! - Joy Fold Card

I haven't been in a very creative mood this week.  Think the soccer traveling is beginning to wear on me.  And of course, with graduation season upon us (my oldest graduates high school in June), Mother's Day AND Father's Day, it's not a good time for a creative block!

I did try a different special fold card today, a Joy Fold Card.  I found it over at Stamp Simply where this week's challenge is to make a Joy Fold Card.  Above is the tutorial from Splitcoaststampers that I used.  I modified my sizes a bit but it was really easy to do.  I was also going to make a gift card holder to place in the center flap, but I ran out of time.  The card was for my son's best friend's graduation party tonight and I didn't get a chance until this morning to sit down and make it.  So, as in some cases, best thought plans sometimes go awry. 








SPIES:
Stamps:  'Congrats' and diploma stamp from TPC Studio.  Inside:  'Graduation' phrase from Worlds Worth by Rubber Soul.
Paper:  DP:  School Days by TPC Studios; Orange stars and blue grid from Making Memories 'Just Chillin' paper pad; navy, olive green and pumpkin orange cardstock.
Ink:  Versamark with navy and white emboss powder.
Extras:   Silver star brads,

CHALLENGES:
Stamp Simply:  Make a Joy Fold Card

Blogger Templates
Blogger Templates

5 comments:

Lisa Salkeld

Very creative. I like the 'different' fold. Oh so much to do! :o)

Sharon (notimetostamp)

What a GREAT grad card and totally LOVE that paper!!! Wonderful Joy Fold! So glad you could play the Stamp Simply Challenge this week!!!

Deb Neerman

WoWzA, this is fabulous!!! LOVE your Joy Fold card ... and that beautiful DP!

Thanks so much for joining us in this week's "Stamp Simply" challenge!

Nance Leedy

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. So nice to meet another "Nanc-e"! I love this card such a cool effect with the fold and I adore the colors! Cheers!

Arielle H Gordon

Nance this is awesome - love those colors!!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails