CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

My blog has moved! Click here:

My blog has moved!  Click here:
Visit My New Blog!

I love to think of nature
as an unlimited broadcasting station,
through which God speaks to us every hour,
if we will only tune in.

~George Washington Carver

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Red Hat Birthdays



Clean & Simple --FTL 90

My creative 'mojo' seems to be coming back these days.  Here some fun cards I've made for my mom's Red Hat Society club.  Yes, the title is Red Hat Birthdays, but in the Red Hat Society, birthday girls are suppose to wear purple hats, thus the purple hats on the cards.

The first card here I used the layout from Clean and Simple -FTL 90. I really like the way it turned out.  Those hats are always so fun to create with all the bells and whistles that go along with Red Hat Society.  For any of you not so familiar with Red Hats, here a few pics of just how fancy and froufrou-ish these ladies get with their hats.  And, they don't stop at hats, they deck themselves out in red and purple from head to toe when they convene together! And any group whose motto is "Life is short; eat dessert first” is a group worth joining in my book!  However, I do believe there is an age requirement and I am content to not have reached it yet.



My second card I tried out my new Spellbinders Impressabilities, floral & stone, by inking it up with red ink.  I wasn't completely satisfied with the results as it didn't come out as bright as I wanted.  But, it still made for an elegant looking card. 


So to all those Red Hat ladies out there.....Red Hatters Do Matter! 


Blogger Templates
Blogger Templates

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails