CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

My blog has moved! Click here:

My blog has moved!  Click here:
Visit My New Blog!

I love to think of nature
as an unlimited broadcasting station,
through which God speaks to us every hour,
if we will only tune in.

~George Washington Carver

Friday, May 21, 2010

Beloved Vintage







TGIF!  How I love Fridays!  I've been revamping my blog this week taking it to a more vintage/shabby chic look.  Let me tell you --- there are A LOT of vintage blogs out there and a boat load of free vintage stuff!  I have so much creative flow going on inside my head I don't have the time for it to flow out my fingers!  LOL!

Anyway, I tried the vintage style on this card and I used the layout from 2S4Y's challenge this week.  The photo's a little bright and so the ivory cardstock I used as my base card doesn't show up as well.  I also used my new Spellbinders Impressabilities floral & stone to emboss the red cardstock, which can be seen better in the second photo.

The center picture is actually a photo I took of a miniature china plate that belonged to my maternal grandmother, which I inherited.  I photographed it in front of some sage green vintage scrapbook paper and shrunk it down to size for the card.  I also used the same picture to make a die cut for a wooden vintage type plate I made to go along with the card.  Photo here:






Blogger Templates
Blogger Templates

2 comments:

Laura Davis

Beautiful
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

Sylvia

Beautiful card! The photo cup looks like one of my mom's!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails