CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

My blog has moved! Click here:

My blog has moved!  Click here:
Visit My New Blog!

I love to think of nature
as an unlimited broadcasting station,
through which God speaks to us every hour,
if we will only tune in.

~George Washington Carver

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

"My Love" Birds





Today is my hubby's 45th birthday!   Just took him to dinner at Outback and had a few minutes before going to see The American to post his card.  This is the card I made him.  He is a bird lover and so I had to incorporate birds into it.  I chose the Colour Q challenge for his card because it has such great masculine colors this week!  Great timing!

I've been working with paint chips for the Gingersnap Creations Scraplings trade and was inspired to simulate the effect on this card with the blues. Unfortunately, I didn't have blue paint chips that were appropriate so I cut three strips of cardstock for the different blues here applied them on the suede backing and then stamped them.

SPIES:
Stamps:  Take Flight - Red Lead Paperworks; Sentiment - Anna Griffin.
Paper:  All cardstock except for brown tag and brown backing behind bird image that is brown buckskin suede texture.
Ink:  Staz On Timber Brown.
Extras:  Cuttlebug leafy branch emboss folder; navy raffia wire; brown suede rope; metal leaves and metal button.

Have a Flutterby night!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Lisa Salkeld

Very masculine! The leaf embellishment over the embossing rocks!

LeAnne

Wow, very pretty---the embellishments on this are stunning!

Sylvia

Lovely card, Nance. I love all the elements you used! Thanks for playing the CQC!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails