CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

My blog has moved! Click here:

My blog has moved!  Click here:
Visit My New Blog!

I love to think of nature
as an unlimited broadcasting station,
through which God speaks to us every hour,
if we will only tune in.

~George Washington Carver

Saturday, September 25, 2010

"Creative Roots"

Lemon Trees


Day Dreams


Along with playing with clay this week, I got back to my artistic roots and actually PAINTED for once. It's been many years since I actually put brush to canvas and while I found my techniques rusty, it felt really nice.  I did discover I need to replace a great bit of my paint inventory as LOTS of my tubes and bottles had dried up.  

These two "paintings" are actually minis....4x4 canvas.  I wanted to start back small and be able to finish something in less than a week.  In my days of old, a painting would take me several weeks to finish, mostly due to being in school and a teenager.  So, these minis I just goofed around using some of the techniques I could remember.  I used acrylic and tole or craft paints. I also experimented a little with some stamps and dye ink on top of the paint.  I used the wooden back of a stamp to place under the canvas for support while I stamped my image.

I have to confess too that these mini paintings are actually some of my first attempts at abstract painting.  Most of my painting I did was landscapes, seascapes, etc.  So as the first painting began to take on life, green blobs became trees, then I used a small design stamp and the design became flowers on a hill.  Then, the trees became lemon trees.  After studying it a bit I got a feel for Tuscany.

The second painting was even more thrown together and then stamped.  I called it Day Dreams because it reminded me of sitting outside in a meadow or field of flowers on a sunny day.




Paint your Soul!

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails